My Big Phone Experiment! 1 Week With No Phone!
- Phone is switched off and put away for a whole week - Sunday night - Sunday Night
- One hour of computer work each day - including communication at work
- Track sleep patterns every night
- How I slept
- How long I slept
- How I feel in the morning
- Was it easy to fall asleep
- How many times did I wake up
- Meditation once a day for 10 minutes
- Reading for 20 minutes minimum each day
This might be a highly ambitious week, the main thing I want to understand is the impact that my device has had on my life. I can quite honestly say that if I wake up in the middle of the night I’ll reach for my phone to see the time, then if I have a notification….. Well, it goes down hill from there, next thing I have been browsing Facebook for 20 minutes in the middle of the night.
Granted back in 2012/13 I would have woken up and spent 20 minutes having a cigarette and a can of coke. So I feel I have made progress, but still, there has to be a better way! I will do a short video log of each day’s results and how I feel, so stay tuned. Normal blog posts will go up on Monday and Friday. Monday being the 15 week big reveal! Obviously I won’t be out of contact for the whole week as I will have an hour of computer time every day.
I truly believe that it is a great thing to have so much technology around us, helping us, entertaining us. I’d just like us all to be mindful of the affects that these advances have on our lifestyles. In order to be mindful it is imperative that I understand how exactly it is affecting me.
Wish me luck and if you'd like to share your thoughts, or if you have any questions then please pop a comment below.
Have a great weekend! Stay Strong and Keep Moving!